Sure, order Tinder can be kind of intimidating with its no BS approach to hooking up and only a split second to make a great impression. We all know that the most attractive Tinder users aren’t just hearing from you! With up to 50 matches a day, drug it’s not going to take anything but a clear strategy, link a well-thought-out profile, and a flirty opening line to seal the meet-up deal.
Think back to your last really great conversation, either via text, or face to face. Why was it memorable? Probably because the person you were conversing with made you feel like you were the star of the show. So, if you want to be successful on Tinder make it all about the recipient! Show interest in their interests, ask questions, and lead the conversation in such a way that it leaves them feeling special.
There are three distinct flavors of opener. While stellar generic opening lines are tricky to come up with, these three different message styles will help provide you with some creative ideas to pen your own best Tinder opening lines. Keep in mind that regardless of the tone of your message, it should be simple, light and exciting for the recipient to receive.
All Sugar – Openers for the Safe Bet
If you’re in the market for a relationship, then take a gander at our ideas for sweet openers. These messages will set you off on the right foot, and reassure the recipient that you’re the real thing.
- So, do you also play volley ball? (Ask about an activity similar to what they have in their photo – volley ball would be appropriate if they have posted a photo playing tennis).
- You seem like the type of person I’d like to get to know better…
- Nice photo of (…). I like your style!
- You’re cute, bet you have a great laugh.
- With a smile like that I’m sure you get all the guys/girls.
- Love your profile…looks like you know how to have fun. Have you been (travelling, playing sport, going out…) lately?
- So, what kind of crazy things are you up to today/tonight?
Pass the Hot Sauce
Want to go right in for the kill? Are you ready for possible rejection? Yes? Yes? Then take a look at some of these more enticing messages that showcase your confidence and make the recipient eager to find out who’s behind the sassy message.
- I’m intrigued – I didn’t know there was someone hot enough to intimidate me.
- I’m sure you get this all the time, but you’re ridiculously attractive.
- Someone told me not to bother with Tinder because all the good ones were taken…glad I didn’t listen.
- Sorry for being so direct, but WOW.
Hit Their Funny Bone
No one’s suggesting that you go in for a knock-knock joke, but even if you’re not paid to stand on stage, a little bit of humor goes a long way in getting a match interested! Going this route can score you some potentially negative responses, so be prepared. Here are a few ideas to get you started, and show that you are an all-around great time:
- Touché – I like the way you swipe!
- What did you have for breakfast? You seem like a Wheaties type of guy/gal.
- Enough about me, let’s talk about you…
- Be right back – been called to save a kitten stuck up a tree.
- I like what I see…hope I’ll need a mint for our next conversation.
- Be honest – are you a double–dipper?
- Ever tried finding words that rhyme with match? Trust me, it’s not easy…
And the Winner Is…
The best Tinder opening lines are playful, flirty and fun. The last thing anyone wants to see pop up on their screen is something negative, vulgar, or aggressive. Next time you find your fingers itching to start swiping away, take a minute, come up with a plan, check over your profile, and focus on the recipient. If you are feeling negative, tired or indifferent, close Tinder and call your mum instead – she loves you, and she will always swipe to the right.