RSVP of the first online dating companies to have Aussie’s whispering in the corner, discussing where they found their latest date.
Launching on Valentine’s Day 1997, RSVP was acquired by Fairfax Media in 2005. Since its inception, it has continued to grow and evolve to meet the ever-changing needs of the Australian public. RSVP were ahead of the pack by being the first online dating company to offer members the ability to send a virtual kiss to each other as an introduction.- they are displays a wealth of information even before you start creating your profile. The information covers a detailed explanation of how the site works, safety tips, success stories and how you use the search function to find and view members who may be compatible.
RSVP provides a wealth of information even before you start creating your profile. The information covers a detailed explanation of how the site works, safety tips, success stories and how you use the search function to find and view members who may be compatible.
Creating a Profile
It only takes a few minutes to enter your profile details and then your account is created. You’re then asked a series of questions about your personal likes and dislikes and those of your ideal partner. Write a headline that will grab people’s attention when it shows up in searches and then your basic profile is finished. If you choose to become a premium member, you have the added bonus that allows you decide whether certain criteria that you are seeking in
If you choose to become a premium member, you have the added bonus that allows you decide whether certain criteria that you are seeking in a partner are deal breakers. This is not visible to others just an added feature which further filters your potential dates down to a list that is close to what you’re really looking for.
Once you upload your photo, it’s approved by RSVP before being made visible to other members. RSVP has detailed guidelines for the use of photos on the site which is just one of the many benefits of this site.
There is also an option to complete a free personality survey providing you with an in-depth personality report and for completing the survey you will get a ‘stand out profile’ keeping you at the top of the profiles which is free for three days.
There is a great range of flexible search functions you can use including:
- A range of selected criteria from your lifestyle and members interests.
- Those that are online and ready to chat.
- Joining one of the many groups and narrow down your search to those that share the same interest / hobby.
- The compatibility matching system that is based on 4 personality dimensions, giving you the flexibility to view your compatibility with other members.
- Online Chat.
- Send virtual kisses / flirt.
- Send an email.
- Tailored searches delivered to your inbox.
- Mobile Dating site.
- Ipad and Android app.
- Upload multiple photos.
- Instant Messenger.
- Email support.
- Pay as you go! You don’t have to sign a contract and it’s free to send kisses to flirt with other members.
- 1200 singles are joining RSVP every day.
- Everyone loves some VIP Treatment! Purchase your Premium status so your profile will stand out in the search results, see who has viewed you, read receipts for emails and, extend your stamp expiry, control your profile’s visibility to members you select, ideal partners that search for your profile type or those to whom you grant access.
- A daily email update which has details such as who’s interested in you (e.g. if they have sent a kiss or email, etc,) condensed into one email.
- Deal Breakers – this is a fabulous feature under the Premium option that allows you to select certain characteristics you don’t find suitable in a potential partner.
- There are a lot of adverts which could be a little distracting.
RSVP have a truck load of success stories and can boast about the many marriages and relationships over the years. They’re one of the biggest players in the online dating arena in Australia. Their site is exceptionally easy to navigate and well worth a look.