1. Dating for now gives you an opportunity to learn not only about the person youre with, but also yourself. Sometimes we think were ready for a relationship but maybe were not. With casual dating, we may realise there are things we want to do for ourselves before committing to another person.
2. Dating for now helps you figure out what you do and dont like in relationships as youre experiencing more than one way of doing things. Some people believe in the what you dont know, you dont miss philosophy, but some prefer to know what they dont want in a relationship and casual dating will help with this.
3. Dating for now helps you develop better communication skills as youll often need to adapt to each individual person you go out with. Understanding different ways of communicating is an important skill in both romantic relationships and in other relationships. Its essential in a serious, long term relationship so use casual dates to hone your skills.
4. Dating for now might make you more comfortable about going on dates while dealing with baggage that needs to be sorted out. No-one wants to go into a serious relationship with baggage (whether its jealousy, trust issues, anxiety, or financial troubles). But it doesnt mean you have to become a recluse. Spending time with someone casually will often help to sort out issues without any long-term expectations.
5. Being open to for now may just accidentally morph into forever. Getting serious with someone is not as mysterious as some might think. Its nothing more than becoming comfortable with someone, opening up and increasing your connection through shared experiences together. Over time, this can happen without you even noticing!
While there are loads of benefits to just dating for now, you shouldn’t let that stop you going for it if you really like a person! Just don’t feel pressured to settle if you’re more about having some fun.