The pressure of Valentines Days when you are newly dating can be overwhelming for some. Do you acknowledge the day, plan something fun with your new beau or pretend it’s an ordinary day? To ensure that you still have a Valentine next year – I suggest that you celebrate Valentine’s Day with one of our ‘not over the top’ yet entertaining suggestions.
How to Spend Valentine’s Day
- A night at Gold Grass. In most capital cities you can head along and watch a movie under the stars. Gold Grass comes complete with bean bag prime positioning and waiter service. Stars add the perfect romantic setting.
- Candle-lit dinners are always crowd pleases. If you don’t fancy yourself as the next Jamie Oliver, pick up takeaway and sell it as your own cooking creation. Some handy steps to pull it off – 1. Order 2. Pick up 3. Place in bowls / plates 4. Remove all evidence of takeaway containers 5. Place in oven to keep warm or fridge 6. Serve 7. Reap the credit…. make out
- A night on the ice. Check out your local ice skating rink for a perfect date night of holding hands as you
glidefall on the ice.
- Wine Tasting is fun and interactive. Most capital cities run regular walking wine tours with experienced Wine Sommeliers.
- A night of indulgent cocktails at one of the amazing roof top bars Australia is fastly becoming famous for. Or check out our bar review page for a venue we know is perfect for any date.
- Picnics are a fantastic way to spend Valentine’s Day. Choose a park, beach or even your lounge room. Have fun making the picnic basket together and enjoy lazing on a blanket as you take in your surrounds.
Gift ideas for Her
- It’s confirmed, women love chocolates. If you want to go the extra mile and really impress, personalize the chocolates with her name or a special VD message.
- Flowers! It just has to be included on the list. Corny but true – 99.9% of women love flowers. Red roses are the chosen flower for the day but any flowers will do.
- Purchase a massage, foot spa or facial. Any kind of pampering will generally work.
- A day of action designed for the two of you. Rock climbing, swimming with dolphins, canoeing, Horse back riding – the options are endless.
Gift Ideas for Him
It’s not a competition! Don’t try to compete with a male in the gift giving stakes. If he spends a little more, that is A.O.K.
- A goodie bag with a mixture of his favorite drinks / foods in a gift basket. If you don’t know any of his favorites just yet, take a guess and see what he likes the most.
- A bottle of Red. Double bonus as you will hopefully reap the benefits of the finely chosen wine.
- A Cook Book. It could only be deemed as helpful information to highlight your favorite meal.
- A voucher entitling him to one wish! If this makes you nervous, give him guidance for the wish e.g a cooked meal, bike ride together, a night of salsa dancing, jet ski lesson.
- A hand made card. This is for the creative type. If you are currently experiencing images of gluing your fingers together skip this one.
Everyone has different expectations for Valentines Day. Woman are generally dreaming of the romantic movie style Valentine’s Day gesture when the mere male is just hoping he doesn’t stuff it up.
Whether its a big or small gift, or no gift at all, be grateful if you get to spend time together. Don’t be hard on the other person if they don’t get it right, it gives them something to strive for next year.