Zoosk is a fun, unique, online dating experience with the added functionality of integrating your social media.
Starting in the US in 2007, they know a thing or two about online dating and what works. Chat online and video chat are just two of the options for communicating with potential matches.
Creating a Profile
It’s relatively straight forward to create a profile. It takes about 20 minutes to answer the basic profile questions and upload some photos; you’ll receive a verification email and you’re ready to start meeting others online. Once your profile is set up, you officially become what’s known as a ‘Zoosker.’
With all good online dating websites comes the compatibility question section. Zoosk is no exception with a range of questions to answer, resulting in higher compatibility matches found for you. These questions are optional, but are highly recommended.
There are a range of search functions and ways to find potential matches. You can choose to search based on your selected criteria, play the Carousel – a quick way to view photos and there are matches delivered daily via email.
Zoosk’s Scientific Matchmaking Service (ZSMS) will deliver a match to two they have found to be an ideal match with the ability to vote on the other’s profile within 24 hours.
It’s free for initial communication, e.g., send a wink. After that, you have to pay if you want to take communication past that first introduction.
- Send a ‘mega flirt’ with one of the pre-selected questions or a message that simply says ‘Hi.’
- Instant messenger.
- Video chat.
- Send a virtual gift.
- Synchronise your social media. E.g. Facebook.
- iPad and Android app.
- Flirt on the Go / text message service.
- Carousel – spin the wheel and see who comes up – simply click Yes, No or Maybe as the Carousel whizzes through a range of profiles that have been determined to possibly suit you. If you both choose ‘yes,’ you’ll receive a notification.
- Zoosk Coins is their virtual currency. Once you partake in varying activities, e.g. answer questions, have a go on the Carousel, install or like Zoosk on Facebook, you’ll earn coins which can be used to buy virtual gifts to send to a potential match. Coins can also be purchased.
- Boost – If you want more attention, choose to boost your profile so it’s promoted and viewed more promptly in the search results.
- Every time someone views your profile, you receive an email notification. (However, this can be turned off.)
- The mega flirts are extremely cheesy.
Zoosk has a range of fun options for interacting which keeps this site entertaining. With the ability to integrate your social network platforms, it opens up new ways to meet others. Our Zoosk Review also reveals they’re also committed to contributing to the community by sponsoring fundraising events and making financial contributions. They have their own dedicated ‘Zoosk for Good’ team which just adds to the overall values surrounding the basis of this company.
Zoosk is voted by Datelicious as one of the TOP 5 online dating websites in Australia